Sunday 25 January 2015

Aran Waistcoat by Jan B

I believe the pattern was one I took from a magazine, and like the wool, kept for years to do when I had time! Time occurred over the space of two years three years ago and I was able to start wearing it last winter.  I bought a large amount of the beautiful russet Aran wool from B K Wools of Heckmondwike, Yorkshire when I was a home based rep for them in the 70's and early 80's while my children were young. I also knitted an Aran sweater for one of our boys at the time of purchase, which was then handed down in the family and wore very well.  The children grew old enough for me to go back to work so my wool selling had to stop and my friends were probably fed up with my trying to persuade them to buy more wool anyway! to buy more wool anyway!